Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tessa

We lost another pet this year. In all my years working at the vet I have only had to put Sweetie my rabbit to sleep. This year in under a month I have had to put two beloved animals to sleep. Bizarre. Tessa was a border collie that my parents rescued from the Northern California Border Collie Rescue back in 2003 (or around that time). Owning these neurotic dogs is a fun and humorous adventure. Tessa would "herd" you or the cat around the house and told you what to do, even if you did not know it. Tessa and Willow were friends, but only because Willow was able to her mouth around the football that Tessa couldn't. Then Willow would squeeze all the air out, and then finally Tessa could put her mouth around the ball, but only for a moment until it filled back up with air. I will miss everything about that crazy and lovable border collie.
And getting a picture of Tessa was nearly impossible because she hated the sound any camera made... but I got these of her while playing with toy in the backyard.

I believe that bone in her mouth is buried somewhere in the flower bed. She had a love hate relationship with squeaky toys.

No comments: