Friday, September 26, 2008

Byebye Banschi



Today we are putting my Banschi man to sleep. Unfortunately his kidney functions did not bounce back from treatment as we had hoped they would. Therefore a decision has to made and I refuse to see any animal of mine suffer.

This.is.a.sad.day. for D and I.

Update: After Banschi was put to sleep Dr.PM palpated him because we had mentioned in the past few days he became very sensitive when we touch his abdomen. When she felt his kidney it was about four times its normal size. She came to the conclusion that he could have had cancer of the kidney's rather than renal failure. To hear her say that made me feel a little better inside, because it explains why he was not responding to the treatment all this week. I feel depressed that he is gone, but relieved at the same time knowing that he is no longer hurting.

No comments: